Article 320 (1) of the Constitution of India empowers the Commission to conduct examinations for appointment by direct recruitment to the services of the State.The Oral Test Department deals with the selection of candidates for appointment by direct recruitment to various posts, the selection process of which consists of both Written Examination and Oral Test.
- The Oral Test Department informs the candidates who have been summoned to the Oral Test , the details as to the date, time and venue of the Oral Test through individual communication.
- Original certificates of the candidates are verified on the day of Oral Test.
- In respect of the selection with multiple posts, Post Preference options are obtained from the eligible candidates.
- On completion of the Oral Test, the Consolidated Mark List (CML) consisting of the marks obtained by the candidates both in the Main Written / Written examination and at the Oral Test are prepared and after approval by the Commission, the same is displayed in the Commission's notice board and hosted in the Website.
- Thereafter, the Selection List and Reserve List are prepared and after approval by the Commission, such Selection and Reserve Lists are displayed in the Commission's notice board and hosted in the Website. The above fact is published in the leading Tamil and English dailies through the Directorate of Information and Public Relations.
- The approved list of selected candidates are then forwarded to the Government / HODs concerned for issue of appointment orders. All the selected candidates are also intimated through individual communication.
- Further, the candidates who have not been selected, but placed in the Reserve List and also those candidates who have not been selected are also intimated through individual communication. The candidates whose results are withheld pending receipt of certain documents, which they have failed to submit, and for receipt of verification reports regarding the claims made by the candidates in respect of their educational qualification, equivalence etc. are also intimated of the same through individual communication.
- The joining duty particulars of the selected candidates are obtained from the Government / HODs concerned.
- Withheld results of the selected candidates are released on receipt of the documents and receipt and acceptance of the verification reports etc. by the Commission and their name and other particulars are forwarded to the Government / HODs concerned for issue of appointment orders. The candidates are also informed of the same through individual communication.
- The Oral Test Department addresses the District Collector/District Vigilance Committee/State Level Scrutiny Committee to cause an enquiry to be made into the Community /Religion/Nativity claims made by the candidates, if necessary. In such cases, the name and other particulars of the candidates are forwarded to the Government / HODs concerned with a request to appoint the candidates temporarily subject to the receipt and acceptance of the verification report regarding the genuineness of their Community / Religion / Nativity claim.
- The Oral Test Department addresses the Revenue Divisional Officers to cause an enquiry in connection with the 'Destitute Widow' claim made by the candidates, if necessary.
- The Oral Test Department takes necessary action to publish the details of the selected candidates in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission's Bulletin.
Besides, the department deals with the following works also:
- The Department implements the Right To Information Act-2005 in its letter and spirit by providing all the information sought for by the petitioners under the said act, thus empowering the general public to know whatever information they need regarding the facts and functioning of the Department.
- The Oral Test Department furnishes suitable replies to the petitions received through the Hon'ble Chief Minister's Special Cell.
- The Oral Test Department provides clarifications / views sought for by the Government / HODs regarding the fixation of seniority, alteration of date of birth etc.
- Candidates are provided with various information sought for by them through various facilities made available in the Commission's office , such as Grievance Redressal Cell, E-Mail etc. apart from informing those candidates who approach the Commission's office in person.